The main reporting dashboard provides a quick overview of Print and Ebook* (where applicable) Sales activity.
Access the main dashboard when you click on Reports in the left-side navigation menu.
Here you will find information about all the new reporting available:
-- Sales by Region
- Hover over countries to view sales
- Click Full Report to zoom in and for other filtering options
-- Your Bestselling Print Titles
-- Your Bestselling Ebook Titles (where applicable*)
-- Sales at a Glance
-- Sales by Subject
Reporting information on the main dashboard is displayed using default values.
At the bottom of each report displayed, you can click Full Report for more filtering options and to view the dedicated page for that report.
Important note about the New Reporting and the Classic Reporting.
In the new reporting, we have changed how we report sales data to you. In the classic reports, sales data was not reported to you until 24-48 hours after a distribution order was completely closed out of our system. In the new reports, your sales data is updated within 24-48 hours after we receive an order from one of our retail partners. This means you see your sales happening closer to the date of the transaction. Here's an example:
- We received a wholesale/distribution order for a book on January 1st (This sale is now available in the New Sales Reports and appeared in the reporting on January 1st)
- The order is printed and shipped to the retailer/bookseller on January 5th. (Retailer ship times may vary)
- The order is posted to our sales compensation reporting on January 7th (This sale is now visible on the Print Sales Report in the Classic Sales Reports)
- The Sales Compensation period is closed on February 1st (The compensation amount is now available in the New Unpaid Sales Compensation section of the Compensation Report)
Keep in mind that an order is not considered final until after it has been shipped. Retailers have the option to cancel orders prior to fulfillment, and any such cancellations can cause fluctuations between your sales data and your compensation data.
*Ebook services are only available to publishers in our Ignite program. Click here to learn more.