Lightning Source periodically offers promo codes for free title setup or discounts off the print cost of a publisher direct order, placed through the customer's Lightning Source account. These offers are announced in the Lightning Source newsletter and will have limits as to how many times the code can be used, per account.
Promo codes are case-sensitive and must be entered correctly for the proper discounts to be applied. Also, be sure to remove any blank spaces before or after the code.
Where do I enter a promo code?
Promo codes providing discounts for different things are submitted in different fields.
For Print Discounts
If you are entering a promo code to receive a discount off of the print cost for a publisher direct order, the promo code should be entered on the order page in the order promotion code field, as shown below:
To Waive a Title Set Up Fee or Market Access Fee
- To waive the title set up fee and/or the first year Market Access Fee (MAF) for a new title, enter the promotion code on the title setup page.
- After you input the code, click the APPLY button and the fee will be waived.
- Click the “I agree” and “Submit” buttons and the files will begin processing.
- If you enter a promotion code and don’t click the APPLY button you will be asked to “Proceed to Payment” and will see payment options to select from. If this happens and you still want to use the promo code, simply click the back arrow at the top left of the page and restart the payment process.
To Waive a Revision Fee
To waive a revision fee, go all the way to the end of the payment page and enter the code in the promotion code field, click APPLY and the revision fees should be waived. Please do not enter the code in the promotion code field on the title setup page.
Why is the promo code not working? And how to reset a promotion code field
Sometimes a new title is set up with an expired promo code, or you may have started setting up a new title, didn’t finish the title setup process, and the code originally used is now expired. When you get to the end of the payment page, you see the Title Setup fees weren’t waived.
If you enter a new, valid code in the field but it still doesn’t waive the fees, the promo code field needs to be reset.
How to reset the promo code field
- Go to the title page where you entered the code and delete it.
- Go all the way to the end of the title set up to the payment page, delete any promo codes from this promo code field, put the cursor in the empty promo code field, and click the apply button a few times.
All promo code fields should now be reset, and you should be able to provide a valid code using the instructions above.
If you are still having issues getting a promo code to work, please contact your Lightning Source client service representative and provide your account number and the ISBN of the title.
Why is there a limit to how many times a promo code can be used?
In accordance with our ongoing catalog integrity efforts (read more here), we now limit the number of times a promotional code can be used per each Lightning Source account.
Once a promo code has been used the maximum number of times allowed, a message will appear on the payment page, as shown in the image below: