Types of products typically not permitted:
- Summaries, workbooks, abbreviations, insights, or similar type of content without permission from the original author.
- Books containing blank pages exceeding ten percent, notepads, scratchpads, journals, or similar type content.
- Books or content that mirror/mimic popular titles, including without limiting, similar covers, cover design, title, author names, or similar type content.
- Books that are misleading or likely to cause confusion by the buyer, including without limiting, inaccurate descriptions and cover art.
- Books listed at prices not reflective of the book’s literary value.
- Books scanned from original versions where all or parts contain illegible content to the detriment of the buyer.
- Books created using artificial intelligence or automated processes.
Lightning Source reserves the right to remove books containing the above criteria without prior notice to the publisher. Any fees paid to Lightning Source on behalf of the publisher will not be refunded if the book is removed due to violation of one of the above criteria.
Exceptions may be granted at the sole discretion of Lightning Source where:
- The content is based on or created in conjunction with a valid product or offering the publisher owns or controls. For example summary of a conference, summary of a book the account holder owns, workbook to standard textbook, self-help, etc.;
- A potential purchase would not be deemed a detriment to a buyer;
- The content is thoughtfully and accurately created to the benefit of a buyer;
- The book does not violate any applicable laws, including without limiting, intellectual property laws;
- The perceived value of the book is readily apparent.