Global Connect is the Ingram Content Group program that enables your titles to be available to a wider network of Print-on-Demand (POD) distributors around the world. Global Connect offers unparalleled distribution to a global network of retailers by working with digital printers in countries around the world. Distribution hubs in each country combine POD technology with long-established retailer relationships to efficiently reach readers in their local markets.
How Your Books Reach a Global Marketplace of Bookstores & Online Retailers
Not only can Global Connect help you capture sales and find new customers in markets that would otherwise be difficult to reach, but you will also be compensated the same way as if your books were sold through Ingram wholesale.
With no inventory on hand, books are printed and distributed only when retailers and customers place orders. Publishers are paid for the sale minus the cost of printing and the wholesale discount, which eliminates the high up-front costs associated with storing and managing physical stock. This makes it easier than ever before to build your independent global publishing business.
The current Global Connect markets are:
Dropship orders are not available through these printers. They only fulfill bookstore and retail orders in their market.
The Benefits of Global Connect
- Eliminate shipping costs to foreign markets
- Eliminate the guesswork of determining how much inventory to print and ship
- Remove the risk of offering a title to the global market due to low or unknown sales potential
- Never miss a sale in these markets
- Make titles available with secure file distribution to vetted and trustworthy printers who print and supply books to their market as they are sold, and no currency exchange rates to calculate for the list price of the book
- Possible frontlist solution into foreign language markets
What currency am I paid in?
All payments to the publisher are calculated in USD and paid in the currency the publisher normally receives. The payment currencies supported today are USD, GBP, AUD, EUR, and CAD.
How do I add my title(s) to the Global Connect markets?
By entering a retail price and wholesale discount for each title and each market, Ingram will make your titles available in each current GCP Market. Participation in any given GCP Market will serve as your permission to distribute the title in that market through the GCP.
Who sets the price in the local market?
The publisher provides a price they will be paid for each book in USD and the printer partner will convert this to their currency, add margin and print cost, and then determine the price to sell the book in their market and in their currency.
Are the books returnable?
No, all sales are non-returnable through Global Connect.
How often do I receive reporting?
We provide sales reports for Global Connect sales monthly within the existing US POD publisher compensation statements. You can also generate reports from your account. This can be found under Reports, then Print Sales reports. Select the option for the Global Connect/Espresso report. If viewing online, be sure to deselect the option for POD.
When do I get paid?
Payments are made to the publisher 90 days from the end of the month in which the sales are received and reported.
- Print partner: Meta Brasil
- Physical Connectivity: Selected tradition & independent bookstores
- Online Connectivity: www.Amazon.com.br; www.Submarino.com.br; www.EstanteVirtual.com.br
- Print partner: China National Publications Import & Export (Group) Co., Ltd (CNPIEC)
- Physical Connectivity: State-owned retail network, libraries, private-owned bookstores
- Online Connectivity: JD.com, Dang Dang, WeChat bookselling channels
- Print Partner: Books on Demand
- Physical Connectivity: Libri (owners of BOD)
- Online Connectivity: www.libri.de
- Print partner: Rotomail
- Physical Connectivity: Messaggerie Libri
- Online Connectivity: IBS.it, Libraccio.it, Inmondadori.it, Libreriarizzoli.it, Amazon.eu
- Print partner: Dai Nippon Printing Co., Ltd. (DNP)
- Physical Connectivity: Maruzen
- Online Connectivity: Amazon.co.jp
- Print partner: Azymut
- Physical Connectivity: PWN Bookstores
- Online Connectivity: www.empik.com; www.Krainaksiazek.pl; www.Gigant.pl; www.Czytam.pl Czytam.pl, Empik.com (Poland’s largest online media retailer), Gigant.pl, Krainaksiazek.pl, PWN Bookstores
- Print partner: T8
- Online Connectivity:
- Bookvoed (Noviy-Knizhny), Combook, Goods.Ru Marketplace, My-Shop, Sima-Land, Skybuy Marketplace, TDK Moscow, Wildberries.Ru www.ozon.ru;
- Print Partner: KSI
- Online Connectivity: www.Yes24.com; www.Aladdin.co.kr; www.Kyobo.co.kr; Coupang, KSI’s own website, T8
- Print partner: Podiprint
- Physical Connectivity: CEGAL (Spanish Confederation of Guilds and Associations of Booksellers)
- Online Connectivity: www.casadellibro.com; www.carrefour.com.es; www.Buscalibre.es; www.Fnac.es; www.elcorteingles.es