Global Connect Program (GCP) is the Ingram Content Group program that enables your titles to be available to a wider network of printers around the world. Our Global Connect print partners will show your titles as available for that particular market and they will print them as orders come in from their local channels and retailers. Publishers simply make a title available for the market by adding the relevant market pricing and we handle the rest. No inventory, shipping, currency headaches, or import/export issues to be concerned about.
All sales are non-returnable through Global Connect.
By entering a retail price and wholesale discount for each title and each market, Ingram will make your titles available in each current GCP Market. Participation in any given GCP Market will serve as your permission to distribute the title in that market through the GCP.
The current GCP markets are Brazil, China, Germany, Italy, India, Poland, Russia, South Korea, and Spain.
Dropship orders are not available through these printers. They only fulfill bookstore and retail orders in their market.
The Benefits of Global Connect
- Eliminate shipping cost to foreign markets
- Eliminate the guesswork of determining how much inventory to print and ship
- Allows a publisher to add titles they may have been unwilling to offer to the global market due to low or unknown sales potential
- Never miss a sale in these markets
- Make titles available with secure file distribution to vetted and trustworthy printers who print and supply books to their market, as they are sold and no currency exchange rates to calculate for the list price of the book
- Possible frontlist solution into foreign language markets
What currency am I paid in? All payments to the publisher are calculated in US$ and paid in the currency the publisher normally receives. The payment currencies supported today are USD, GBP, AUD, EUR, and CAD.
Who sets the price in the local market? The publisher provides a price they will be paid for each book in US$ and the printer partner will convert this to their currency, add margin and print cost, and then determine the price to sell the book in their market and in their currency.
Are the books returnable? No, all sales are non-returnable through Global Connect.
How often do I receive reporting? We provide sales reports for GCP sales monthly within the existing US POD publisher compensation statements. You can also generate reports from your account. This can be found under Reports Then Print sales reports. Select the option for the Global Connect/Espresso report. If viewing online, be sure to deselect the option for POD.
When do I get paid? Payments are made to the publisher 90 days from the end of the month in which the sales are received and reported.
- Print partner: Meta Brasil
- Online Connectivity: www.Amazon.com.br; www.Submarino.com.br; www.EstanteVirtual.com.br
- Print partner: CNPIEC
- Physical Connectivity: CNPIEC library catalog
- Online Connectivity: www.Amazon.CNS
- Print Partner: Books on Demand
- Physical Connectivity: Libri (owners of BOD)
- Online Connectivity: www.libri.de
- Print partner: Repro Knowledgecast
- Online Connectivity: www.Amazon.in; www.Flipkart.in; www.Snapdeal.in; www.Paytm.in; www.Infibeam.com; www.Rediff.com; www.shopclues.com
- Print partner: Rotomail
- Physical Connectivity: Lampi di Stampa (Messeggerie Italiane); Rizzoli RCS; Messeggerie Internazionale; Mondadori
- Print partner: Azymut
- Physical Connectivity: PWN Bookstores
- Online Connectivity: www.empik.com; www.Krainaksiazek.pl; www.Gigant.pl; www.Czytam.pl
- Print Partner: KSI
- Online Connectivity: www.Yes24.com; www.Aladdin.co.kr; www.Kyobo.co.kr; www.Interpark.com
- Print partner: Podiprint
- Physical Connectivity: CEGAL (Spanish Confederation of Guilds and Associations of Booksellers)
- Online Connectivity: www.casadellibro.com; www.carrefour.com.es; www.Buscalibre.es; www.Amazon.es; www.Fnac.es; www.elcorteingles.es