Lightning Source LLC will no longer be issuing IRS Form 1099 MISC for publisher compensation effective for 2017 and beyond. Payments made to publishers (for the sale of books less the printing/fulfillment fee) is a payment for goods not subject to reporting on Form 1099 MISC. However, to aid our customers, Lightning Source will distribute a payment report for your reference and use, reflecting your US sales receipt income for 2018. Distribution of this report will be sent via email to the current sales comp report recipients. This report can also be obtained online by following these instructions:
- Log in to your Lightning Source account
- Click "Reports" located at the top of your account dashboard
- Select "Publisher Compensation Payments Report"
- Enter date range (Example: 1/1/18 - 12/31/18)
- Select operating unit and currency (Please note, you can only select one operating unit and currency at a time)
- Enter email address
- Click "Submit"